Please read and understand these conditions before placing your classified ad on this web site and in Boston Bimmer, the newsletter of the Boston Chapter.
Boston Chapter Membership
You must be a member of the Boston Chapter BMW CCA to place a free classified ad. There are no exceptions. Your ad must offer cars or parts for sale that are your personal property. You cannot place and ad for someone else. All listings will be verified prior to appearing on the website.
- If you are not a BMW CCA member, you can join BMW CCA for $48 per year. The BMW parts discount alone makes it worth it! Read more about joining and the benefits of being a BMW CCA member.
If your ad is accepted, it will run in the next issue of the Boston Bimmer as well as appearing on the website. Your online ad will expire after 30 days, but the listing can be renewed if the item did not sell within the 30 day period. Please cancel or remove your ad when your item is no longer available for sale.
You must include your full name and your BMW CCA membership number with your ad.
Your ad must include all of the required information.
Each type of ad is required to have certain minimum information. The required information is different for each type of ad.
- Cars For Sale and Motorcycles For Sale ads must be formatted so that the first sentence is a summary of the car. This summary is of the following form: (year) (make) (model) (VIN number), (exterior color), (interior color).
- The year must be a four digit integer which specifies the year of manufacture.
- The make is omitted for BMWs and is required to be in mixed case for non-BMWs.
- The VIN is comprised of numbers and upper case letters.
- The model, exterior color and interior color are mixed case text.
- The rest of the ad includes general information about the car. This information must contain two required items: a contact name, and a telephone number and/or email address.
- The email address in the ad text must match the email address specified in the classified ad request form.
- If the year, model, VIN, or color are missing then the ad will be rejected
- If you do not wish to include all of this information, you may list your car under parts for sale.
- Cars Wanted and Motorcycles Wanted ads must include: desired make/model/year, contact name, telephone number and/or email address.
- Parts For Sale ads must include: parts description, contact name, telephone number and/or email address.
- Parts Wanted ads must include: parts wanted, contact name, telephone number and/or email address.
Copy Editing and Errors
The Boston Bimmer and Boston BMW CCA cannot be responsible for errors in advertising caused by incorrect submission details.
The Boston Bimmer reserves the right to reject and/or edit any classified ads.
The Classified Ad Editor (CAE) is responsible for approving the format of ads. The CAE uses the following guidelines when editing classified ads.
- If any required information is missing from the ad, you will be contacted by email so that you can update the submission.
- The advertising text will be edited to ensure clarity. Abbreviations which could be misunderstood or are hard to read may be expanded by the CAE. Whole dollar amounts are shown without the .00 (so that $15.00 becomes $15). Obvious spelling errors will be corrected.
- The telephone number must be in the form (111) 222-3333.
Classified Ad Submission
Classified ads are managed in the Marketplace area of our website, under Local Classifieds.